Flowers, flowers, flowers….who doesn’t like to receive flowers all day? Especially if they are given to you like a gift from the loved ones. Flowers always make people feel better and happier, we really can say that flowers are medicine for the soul. Completely true about medicine part, because now we can use flowers, for example, the rose water benefits for skin, to make our skin look healthier and younger.
Rose water is one of the greatest natural products which can be used to solve lots of our skin problems, from cooling sensitive and irritated skin to makeup remover (I love when a product has two or more ways to use it). So, this will be our lesson for today: the rose water benefits for skin and how to use it properly. Have we already caught your attention?
Rose Water Benefits For Skin
Not such a long time ago, maybe a year and a half, I’ve met a monk, a wonderful human being, which apparently was older than I thought. I asked him how does he manage to stay so young (thinking, where are the wrinkles on your face?), and I was so surprised by his answer, rose water.
Rose water is one of many miracles of nature he said to me and handed me a little bottle of rose water. Every morning from back then, I clean my face with rose water and you can really see the difference after a few days: brighter and cleaner skin.
Here are some of the main rose water benefits for skin and body:
- Prevents signs of ageing
- Bath treat
- Makeup remover
- Solves dry skin problems
- Fresh look instantly
- Healing properties
- Improves blood circulation
And these are just a few of the benefits which rose water can reach. The best thing about this natural product, rose water, is that it can be used on every single type of skin, without having to worry about the negative effects. Isn’t that great? And also, if you want to make this product at home, and not buying it, is really easy to do it.
How to make your own rose water spray
In order to prepare your own little piece of heaven, this nature miracle, you will need the following: a fresh dozen roses, distilled water, aloe vera gel (optional) and a small spray bottle.
- The first step is to wash a dozen roses and carefully peel off the petals. (Tip: you don’t have to peel the petals one by one, you can simply find the stem and tear it out and then the petals come off easier). Put all the petals into a pot.
- Next, you take the bottle of distilled water and pour it over the petals without exaggerating. After pouring the water, gently press the rose petals under the water until all of them are submerged. Technically, this should be it.
- However, you could also add 2-3 tablespoons of aloe vera gel – another perfect ingredient that moisturizes the skin.
- The following step is to take an empty bowl and place it over the submerged petals. Then, you take the cover of the pot and place it upside down over the pot (this helps because through condensation, it will give the purest form of rose water). As you probably guessed, what you have to do next is cook the petals for about 30 minutes or until all the rose petals lose their color.
- Leave the pot to cool down. Final, you take the bowl from the pot and fill your spray bottle and there you have it: your very own rose water spray. It’s natural, it’s anti-inflammatory, antiseptic and also refreshing.
For visuals, check out the DIY Rosewater Spray video by Kirbie.
Maria Barry, medical aesthetician at Union Square Laser Dermatology in NYC, says that “Rosewater is a great gentle, natural ingredient with many skin-enhancing benefits”. Yes, the rose water can be used as a toner, as a makeup remover, for hair and aftershave treatments, as an eye brightener and, why not, as a light scented perfume.
Here are some of our main choices of water rose products:
“Suti’s Rose Water Facial Toner is made simply from the world’s most beautiful flower, this cool and calming floral skin water instantly uplifts and encourages feelings of spiritual lightness.”
“Tautropfen Rose Water is a mild, non-irritating, gentle toning for dry, sensitive skin. Rose extract moisturizes and relaxes tautness.”
“Tammy Fender Bulgarian Rose Water-6.7 oz.Reawaken Your Youth Lauded by the earliest healers for its curative and beautifying attributes.”
“Hand in Hand’s Rose Water bath salt uses naturally pink Bolivian Rose salt, ethically hand harvested from the Andes Mountains in South America.”
“Kerstin Florian Rejuvenating Rose Water is known as the queen in the botanical realm. Rose imparts beauty and freshness in this natural floral water. Excellent for the face and body.”
It’s a well-known fact that rose water and also rose essential oil are one of the oldest skin care products. The beauty industry has taken advantage of the multiple benefits of this flower and has transformed them into key ingredients in lotions, creams, toners, sprays. If you love the fragrance of roses, then you should think about getting products that have roses as main ingredients. I think that having a spray with rose water near you will make you look fresh and feel happy during the day. It’s time you invest in one!
Did you like this article?
Source: pexels.com, pixabay.com
Feature image: pixabay.com