Your bestie’s getting hitched! You’ve helped her choose her wedding dress and her color scheme, and even tasted a few “signature cocktails” — all in the name of research, natch.
The wedding is almost here, but before she walks down the aisle toward her lucky fella, it’s time to party! And you’ve been tasked with putting together the bachelorette party playlist.
It’ll be a snap, right? After all, you two were rocking out to Destiny’s Child long before Beyoncé became Queen Bey. You know her Spotify mixes as well as your own.
But remember that the bachelorette party playlist is going to set the tone for the evening. While the girls will need some great dance tunes, think about including a few singalong classics — the kind of guilty-pleasure songs that everyone loves to hear played at a party.
You’ll also want to sneak in at least a few genuinely sappy songs to let your BFF know how much she means to you.
Creating the Perfect Bachelorette Party Playlist
Songs to Get the Party Started
Since 2008, no bachelorette party has been complete without the aforementioned Ms. Knowles’s “Single Ladies.” And if you want your party to be off the chain, you’re going to need to throw in some bangers.
Other contemporary hits that suit the mood include:
- “I Love It,” Icona Pop, Charli XCX
- “Only Girl (in the World),” Rihanna
- “SexyBack,” Justin Timberlake
- “Ex’s & Oh’s” by Elle King
- “Get Lucky,” Daft Punk
- “All About That Bass,” Meghan Trainor
- “Happy,” Pharrell
- “Firework,” Katy Perry
- “Uptown Funk,” Bruno Mars
- “Can’t Stop the Feeling” Justin Timberlake
Today most popular songs are upbeat dance music, perfect for a party, but everyone will also appreciate some throwback jams.
It might actually be a law in some states that every bachelorette party playlist has to include Cyndi Lauper’s 1983 smash hit “Girls Just Wanna Have Fun.” You might want to throw in Madonna’s “Like A Virgin” from the same era, just for laughs.
Other throwback tunes that the bachelorette will love?
- “Hit Me Baby One More Time,” Britney Spears
- “Wannabe,” Spice Girls
- “Hollaback Girl,” Gwen Stefani
- “Love Shack,” B-52s
- “What Is Love,” Haddaway
- “Believe,” Cher
- “Hips Don’t Lie,” Shakira
- “We Are Family,” Sister Sledge
- “Groove Is In the Heart,” Deee-Lite
- “You’re the One That I Want,” Grease soundtrack
Songs To Close Out the Evening
Towards the end of the night, when the bridesmaids have had a glass or two of champagne, you’ll want some music that’s a bit slower and more sentimental. Show your BFF how beautiful she is with these classic tunes about friendship, sisterhood, and support:
- “Lucky,” Jason Mraz and Colbie Caillat
- “Lean On Me,” Bill Withers
- “I’ll Be There For You,” Bon Jovi
- “This One’s For the Girls,” Martina McBride
- “I’ll Stand By You,” the Pretenders
- “Hey, Soul Sister,” Train
- “I Hope You Dance,” LeeAnn Womack
- “Time of My Life,” Dirty Dancing soundtrack
- “Wind Beneath My Wings,” Bette Midler
- “You’ve Got A Friend,” James Taylor
Go Your Own Way
Of course, the bachelorette party playlist you curate will depend on whether the blushing bride is more into old-school Madonna or up-to-the-minute Rihanna.
So these are just suggestions to spark your imagination! Be sure to include the bride-to-be’s favorite jams, whatever they are, to make her bachelorette party playlist as unique as she is.