One of the best ways to get festive this season is by decorating your home for the holidays. However, between wreaths, trees and all of the bells and whistles in between, decorating can get a little pricey. If you want to decorate your home without breaking the bank, here are 44 inexpensive ways to do just that.
1. Make ornaments out of paper snowflakes
2. Turn natural items into Christmas decorations
Make your own wreaths, centerpieces, swag and garland with greens or pinecones you find outside!
3. Make your own tree skirt out of burlap
This material can be bought by the yard for next to nothing at craft stores and will give your tree some rustic charm.
4. Use an old scarf for your tree skirt
5. Re-purpose old sweaters to make stockings and other decorations
CHECK OUT ALSO: LAST MINUTE CHRISTMAS WISHLIST IDEAS
6. A natural Christmas scent
Instead of buying expensive festive candles, cook pinecones in your oven. Heat your oven to 200 degrees and cook the pinecones on a piece of tin foil for 20-25 minutes. Not only will your home smell like balsam, but also your pinecones will be prepared for Christmas crafts!
7. Wrap presents with vintage book pages
Garnish them with twine and a sprig of green for a splash of color!
8. Make wreaths, bows and table runners from burlap
9. Buy inexpensive candles and make them more festive
Add ribbon, bows, twine and even some glitter.
10. Paint mason jars with festive holiday colors and designs
YOU MAY ALSO FIND USEFUL: 5 LOOKS FOR CHRISTMAS NIGHT
11. Create a gallery wall of Christmas cards
Use twine and clothespins. Intersperse old Christmas photos or paper snowflakes in between for extra charm.
12. Make festive holiday serving dishes with permanent markers
Draw your designs on ceramic serving plates and mugs and set the design by baking your dishes in the oven at 435 degrees for 25 minutes.
13. Make decorative wall hangings
Use frames found at a thrift shop and old ornaments, ribbons or fresh greens
14. Wrap picture frames you already have hanging on your walls
Use wrapping paper and bows and voila
15. Frame free online Christmas printables
16. Decorate your chairs
Wrap wide ribbon or burlap around the back of your dining room chairs when hosting a holiday get-together.
17. Add a pop of color
Wrap yarn around used wine glasses, mason jars or ornaments.
YOU WILL FOR SURE LIKE THIS ARTICLE: DIY-CHRISTMAS GIFTS
18. Don’t forget about the windows
Hang cheap, glass-ball ornaments with thread from the ceiling in front of a window. Stagger the height of each ball for a more visually appealing effect.
19. Spell out your favorite holiday phrases
Wrap inexpensive, 3D cardboard letters (these can be bought at craft stores) with yarn or twine.
20. Repurpose an old frame by painting the inside with chalkboard paint
Write or draw festive phrases or have your friends join in on the fun at your holiday party.
21. Magic on the table
Make an inexpensive centerpiece from a long serving dish filled with berries and tea lights.
22. Christmassy all over the place
Spice up any serving table with tall, clear hurricane vases of different shapes and sizes with candy, Christmas ornaments or even some greens and berries.
Stay tuned for the second part of this article!
Until then, practice the first 22 incredible ideas I just gave to you
Feature image: pexels.com